That's me on Christmas Day. Yes, I look awkward. The dress is from H & M. The tights are just-tights. They're the punctuation to the outfit. The choker is from Dunns Jewellery, a really cute little handmade jewellery place. And yeah, that's a blue streak in my hair. Blue, purple, red hair extensions-fun mixing them up.
Anyway, here's the end of year quiz.
1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
Started a blog. Got a Twitter. Got a Tumblr. Found my OTP-Destiel, in case you were wondering. Got a black canopy for my bed. Got coloured hair extensions. Got my writing published professionally. Made a lot of new friends. Started taking anti-depressants. Appeared in a professional play. Got involved with more social activism. Met people I really admire and love. Sorted a lot of things about my future out. Started educating myself, along with only being in school two days a week. Worked out a little more of who I want to be. Started writing a diary almost every day.
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last time-apart from maybe to keep going and still be here this time next year-and this year, not making any resolutions-more just deciding what I want to accomplish and then accomplishing it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Tenerife. It was amazing. Next year, I'm hopeful to visit Tenerife again, Italy and the United States.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
Hopefully, something definite on a novel I'm working on. More writing published. Hopefully, to interview some people. To do more social activism. To keep growing creatively. And a person.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched on your memory and why?
3rd July-my grandma passed away.
18th December-got somewhere I'd wanted to be for a while.
28th December-someone I knew of and liked passed away.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my writing published. Being in a play. Taking control of my OCD. Getting closer to where I want to be. Working on my novel. And discovering more about me.
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
Probably not freaking out as much.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yep. Depression, OCD, anxiety-and flu and tonsillitis and stuff.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Some of my jewellery and my DFTBA shirt. But definitely some of my T-shirts and skirts. And my trilby hat. Absolutely love my black trilby hat.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My family's. My friends. For putting up with me. My parents, particularly. My cousins. And my grandfather. Also, my friends who listen and laugh me out of things. Also, organizations that are willing to listen to me and let me get involved. And definitely Bethany Lamont and Fleur for their friendship, kindness and help! Oh and Briana Bailey at Germ, for being so willing to help me! And special mention to Flossa, for our cool email exchanges-may there be more in the future!
13. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, books, music.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting writing published, Doll Hospital, Holy Glitter Zine, Tenerife, the person I like, Destiel, Sherlock Season 3, the Supernatural musical, getting closer to where I want to be, getting better, feeling happier-a lot.
15. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Jeez, can't choose just one.
Cha-Ching ('Til We Grow Older) by Imagine Dragons
First Love Never Die by Soko
Teenage Rebellion by the Gaslight Anthem
All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran
New Tile Floor by Farewell Continental
Boom Clap by Charli XCX
Youth by Daughter
You Suck by Abigail Breslin
Blank Space by Taylor Swift
16. Compared to this time last year, you are:
Definitely, definitely, yes.
17. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Honestly? Not really sure. Yeah, pathetic.
18. What do you wish you'd done less of?
19. How will you be spending Christmas?
Already spent it. Spent it at home with my family. Visited my granddad, saw all the kids playing. Spent it at home, eating Christmas dinner and surrounded by my presents. And Facetiming with my cousins.
20. Did you fall in love in 2014?
*twists hands together, wondering* Don't know...
21. What was your favourite TV programme?
SUPERNATURAL. And Not Going Out. And Sherlock. If we're talking short series, The Missing was awesome too.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?
Hmmm. Maybe. Try not to hate anyone but...
23. What was the best book you read?
Cannot choose just one here:
UNHINGED BY A.G. HOWARD
THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING BY KARI LUNA
ELEANOR AND PARK BY RAINBOW ROWELL
FANGIRL BY RAINBOW ROWELL
WE WERE LIARS BY E. LOCKHART
EVERYTHING LEADS TO YOU BY NINA LACOUR
IT'S KIND OF A FUNNY STORY BY NED VIZZINI
EVERY DAY BY DAVID LEVITHAN
I WANNA BE YOUR JOEY RAMONE BY STEPHANIE KUEHNERT
THE UNFINISHED LIFE OF ADDISON STONE BY ADELE GRIFFIN
ALL CURSE WORKERS BOOKS BY HOLLY BLACK
LEAVING TIME BY JODI PICOULT
THE IRON TRIAL BY CASSANDRA CLARE AND HOLLY BLACK
MY TRUE LOVE GAVE TO ME
And my absolute favourite:
I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN BY JANDY NELSON
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Um *takes a deep breath* Arctic Monkeys, Best Coast, the Dollyrots, the Gaslight Anthem, Candy Hearts, Tigers Jaw, Farewell Continental, Skating Polly, Venus and the Moon, Citizen, Dresses, Daughter, Joy Division, Kate Nash, Metric, Metro Station, MGMT, Passion Pit, One Republic, Natalia Kills, The Naked and Famous, Paper Mache, Switchblade Kittens, the Postal Service, Stars, Sarchasm, We Are Scientists.
25. What was your favourite film this year?
Released this year? The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, The Imitation Game, Nightcrawler. Released any other years? Probably Little Miss Sunshine and Stuck In Love. Maybe Carrie and About A Boy. The Help, too.
26. What did you do on your birthday? And how old were you?
I was seventeen and I went out with my parents and then watched Carrie on my actual birthday. Then, a few days later my friends all came over, we got takeout pizza and all watched The Conjuring.
27. What one thing would have made your new year immeasurably more satisfying?
Don't know....reading 100 books?
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
Er-at the start, gothic-punk-indie, but now, maybe others would describe me as that, but I just think that I look like me.
29. What kept you sane?
My friends-specially school and drama crew. My other friends too. Flossa, Bethany. Rookie. Online community. Fanfiction. Writing. My family, particularly all my cousins. Sometimes by encouraging my insanity.
30. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmm, does Castiel from Supernatural count? Yeah. Him. And Misha Collins. And I kind of have a crush on Lee Mack, to be honest..
31. What political issue stirred you the most?
Police brutality, racism, same-sex marriage, gender rights, gender equality, transgender rights.
32. Whom did you miss?
My grandma. Childhood. My cousins, when they're not there. Someone who went too soon, even if I didn't know her well. And others that I care about.
Happy New Year!